Manufacturing Intelligence (MI) is used to bring real-time manufacturing product and process data from multiple sources into a single repository—or quality hub—for reporting, analysis, visual summaries, and data synchronisation between enterprise level and plant floor systems.
MI enables quality professionals to leverage product or process data—datasets which are typically too large to easily manage effectively—from batch, discrete and continuous environments to drive strategic decision making and ultimately control the quality, consistency and cost of produced goods.
See how best-in-class companies are currently benefiting from manufacturing intelligence:
- Snak King reduces variability and product overfill resulting in increased customer satisfaction and lower production costs.
- General Cable drives lean Six Sigma strategies and uses analytics to prioritise green and black belt projects.
- Trek attains global, real-time visibility throughout supplier operations in China.
With Manufacturing Intelligence, manufacturers will:
- Improve Quality: With a single view of the quality data generated through the centralised hub, users can prioritise efforts to continuously enhance the quality of their product, processes and overall operations. This not only prevents recalls, but also protects a brand’s reputation.
- Maintain Traceability & Compliance: By streamlining and automating the process for collecting data and integrating disparate plant-floor systems such as MES, ERP and CMMs, manufacturers can easily produce audits and ensure compliance.
- Optimise Operations: A quality hub will simplify the management of workflow with automated and event-based tasks and reminders to ensure effective application of Six Sigma and lean manufacturing initiatives. This will increase efficiency and productivity across operations.
- Decrease Costs: Monitoring and analysis in real time create a complete, up-to-the-second view of the plant floor allowing manufacturers to predict errors before they occur and take corrective actions to prevent quality issues. This reduces waste and avoids costly recalls.
- Make Strategic Business Decisions: Funnelling quality data into a single, secure and easily accessible repository enables sophisticated reporting to support the needs of users from the plant floor to the executive suite with visual dashboards and real-time access to KPIs.
Manufacturing Intelligence creates a complete view of manufacturing operations with end-to-end visibility that lets you take control of quality at each point of the product lifecycle.